How to Define a Quality Website Design
The quality of a website can be defined in a number of different ways. When thinking about quality website design, obviously appearance is a primary factor. Men and women are more drawn to visually attractive website design. However, there are other factors that need to be considered when looking at the quality of a website.
Some of the most important factors include user friendliness and navigation, design, business logic, engineering, compatibility and how search engine friendly the website is. While many businesses believe that return on investment to also be a factor defining website quality, it is more based on external factors, including other marketing efforts and the price of the provided goods and/or services.
1. User friendliness and navigation are extremely important. A quality website should take a visitor on a tour, starting from explaining / demonstrating the product or service, then through offering more information about it, showing more pictures, data… and then leading into purchasing the product or contacting the website owner for more information, appointment,… Good design makes a website easy to navigate. The way in which the website takes its visitors through the full path from first visiting through purchasing a product or service, learning about the company, or just getting the contact details of that business, is very essential. Items that contribute to the overall user friendliness of a website include professionalism, how clean the page layouts are, legible content, clear navigation, and easy-to-understand instructions.
2. The design of any website is very important. Nowadays, a website gets from 3 to 6 seconds to catch it’s viewer attention before he or she decides to move on. The website needs to be appealing but also informative. First, it should have enough images/graphics to tell the viewer right away what this website is about and communicate it clearly. Second, it should have enough of the valuable content so if the visitor decides to read, he can get enough information on this website without going somewhere else. Good, quality website design has the right balance of “entertainment” and “informational content”.
Next few features of a quality website are related to its engineering and technology.
3. Business logic is another vital defining quality. The website design and the code need to function properly between the two. What differs the quality website – its efficiency – so that the future updates and additions, including logic, database integrations, and visual components become easy achievable.
4. Strong website engineering begins with necessary planning on how exactly the website will be constructed and how all the moving parts and features will fit together to create a seamless website design. Proper website design architecture, therefore, is required to accommodate all website necessities to guarantee flexibility, structural stability, security, and meet all performance demands both in the short term and long term. Very often clients tend to say “Let’s have these pages for now and later we can either move them over somewhere or add more pages…” It is very difficult and sometimes frustrating to redo the structure of the website. It’s easy to move one sub-menu page, let’s say “cream” from category “pharmacy” under category “beauty products.” But it could be difficult to change the structure or logic of the website Kajabi website designer. It is a good idea to draw a simple map of the website first asking a client to determine main blocks of the website or main menu options that he would like to have.
5. Compatibility. Another modern necessity for a website is that it needs to work for all computer operating systems, such as Windows and Apple, and commonly used web browsers, including Internet Explorer (with different versions), Mozilla, Safari and Google Chrome. Now, with the increasing popularity and technological innovations of the smart phone, mobile website design is just as important. Efficient website design, no matter how it is being viewed, needs to communicate directly with the visitor to brand and assist in achieving all the objectives and goals set up by the website.
6. One last defining quality of any website is its search engine friendliness. Businesses are very aware of the fact that search engines can spell success or failure for any website, depending on where it ranks in a search result. The higher up a website is on the search engine page, the more traffic it will receive, increasing brand awareness and most likely return on investment as well. There are certain things that can kill the website’s ranking, such as errors in code, bad navigation, broken links… And there are certain things that are “liked” by search engines like quality keyword focused content, H1 tags, proper alt tags, bold fonts, as well as meta tags and so on. Professional web design teams know all the ins and outs of SEO and can assist in getting the right keywords and the right on-site and off-site SEO optimizations. So, the quality website would already integrate the right content and pictures, with the focus to search engine optimization.